What's the point of mashed potatoes, turkey, smothered meat or the holidays at all without a rich healthy dollop of gravy?
Get on the healthy Gravy train!
KEY CBC SEASONINGS:
+ Mushrooming Around (Shitake Mushrooms, Banana, Onion, Garlic)– A pure cozy, sweet flare of herbs and vegetables
+ Sassy Me (Sesame Seed, Pepper Corn, Hawaiian Lava Salt, Vanilla Bean)– A roasted smoky spark of earth, combined with a sweet pure blend of vanilla
- Cook by Color Seasonings: Mushrooming Around and Sassy Me
- ¾ - 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ Red Onion
- 1 cup White Mushrooms sliced
- 1-2 cups canned Sweet Corn, (Drained)
- 4 table spoons Olive Oil or Grape Seed Oil
- 2 Pinches Coconut Sugar or Table Sugar
- 4 cups (32 oz) Vegetable Broth
1. Place a pan/skillet on low - medium heat on the stove with ¾ - 1 cup of flour ONLY. Slowly toast the flour to a light brown color. Constantly move the flour around to keep from burning.
2. In another pan/skillet, place your 4 table spoons of Olive Oil in your hot pan/skillet. Allow the Olive Oil to heat up.
3. Once the Olive Oil in the pan/skillet is hot, place your White Mushrooms, Sweet Corn and Red Onions in the a pan/skillet.
4. Season with Cook by Color Seasonings: Mushrooming Around and Sassy Me
5. Caramelize your White Mushrooms, Sweet Corn and Red Onions in the pan/skillet by sprinkling your choice of sugar over the White Mushrooms, Sweet Corn and Red Onions then cooking to a roasted color.
6. Once caramelized to your liking. Place ALL ingredients from both pans/skillets and your vegetable broth into a blender, until pureed to a creamy smooth consistency. ***NOTE: You may add as much or as little broth as you like, depending on how think or loose you want the consistency.
7. Once pureed, pour your gravy back into the hot skillet and turn it to low and slow simmer for 5-7 minutes
8. REPEAT: Sprinkle Cook by Color Seasonings: Mushrooming Around and Sassy Me to intensify the flavor
9. Pour, dip, dollop, smother and or SOP… LOL!!!