THE MOBSTER PASTA GODFATHER A.K.A BIG “Z” A.K.A. ZUCCHINI PASTA
Calm down Italy… I know, I know, Zucchini is not traditional pasta. It’s done some time in the vegetable isle big house for years but now it’s getting out for good behavior and all the favors it’s done on the inside.
Now I’m going to make you an offer you can’t refuse… Lets make Zucchini Pasta!!!
KEY CBC SEASONINGS:
+ Mushrooming Around (Shitake Mushrooms, Banana, Onion, Garlic)– A pure cozy, sweet flare of herbs and vegetables
+ Sassy Me (Sesame Seed, Pepper Corn, Hawaiian Lava Salt, Vanilla Bean)– A roasted smoky spark of earth, combined with a sweet pure blend of vanilla
+ Bell of The Ball (Bell Pepper, Smoked Paprika, Raspberry)– A fresh pure pick of sweet, tangy and savory yumminess
- Cook by Color Seasonings: Mushrooming Around + Sassy Me + Bell of The Ball
- About 2-3 medium yellow or green Zucchini, cut into noodle strips with a spiralizer or mandolin
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) Olive Oil
- A Handful of Grape tomatoes
- ½ half of a diced Red Onions
- 1 cup sliced Mushrooms
- Sea Salt
- Shredded Asiago Cheese (from Trader Joe’s)
1. Grab your yellow or green Zucchini and use your spiralizer or mandolin to cut them. Once cut, place them in a colander/strainer and sprinkle salt lightly and evenly over the Zucchini. (It’s best to do this in the sink or place a plate or bowl under the colander to catch the access water being drained from the Zucchini) By adding a little bit of salt to the freshly cut Zucchini, the Zucchini will start to release its water weight. This process allows them to remain firm and not soggy when cooked. Let sit for about 10 minutes
2. Place the 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil in a hot a pan/skillet. Allow the Olive Oil to heat up.
3. Once the Olive Oil is hot, place your sliced Mushrooms and diced red onions in with a pinch of sugar to help caramelize. Cook to a golden finish.
4. Now add the strained Zucchini in your pan/skillet with the caramelized Red Onions and Mushrooms
5. Season with Cook by Color Seasonings: Mushrooming Around and Sassy Me
6. Reduce heat to medium/low and cook ingredients evenly for about 7 minutes
7. Cut 7-10 Grape Tomatoes into halves (the amount is up to you)
8. Plate Zucchini Pasta and add the Grape tomatoes on top
9. REPEAT: Sprinkle Cook by Color Seasonings: Mushrooming Around + Sassy Me + Bell of The Ball to intensify the flavor
NOTE: You may add any sauce you like.